“Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something.” –Thoreau

25 June 2009

Shivering.

I'm working on the TV pilot this week, with the goal being to complete an act every day. An act is basically all the action that takes place between commercials. Yesterday I completed the teaser (which occurs before the opening credits) and act one, which I do think turned out pretty nifty.

Of course, I know even less about selling a TV pilot than I do about selling a book. But right now I'm just concerned with writing it. I'll deal with trying to sell it later. A very small taste of the script is posted below. Enjoy.




INT. JOE’S APARTMENT – DAY
Joe still sits at his computers, brooding. Charlie appears in the window and raps on it, getting his attention. He opens the window to let her in with the food.

JOE:
Civilized people enter by way of the door.

Charlie has made her way inside and shuts the window.

CHARLIE:
I got no doubt that’s accurate. But it ain’t strictly friendly.